Monday, June 15, 2009

My Reflections of IPD...

Looking back, I must say it has been an interesting journey into learning the various Issues in Publications and Designs. The various laws and views from several authors (and not forgetting my dear lecturer - who made simple but effective views), have changed the way I look or study anything regarding designs in publications and others related to it.

I would say that I have learnt (and really enjoyed) not only the basics in reading images, but also the laws and regulations of developing good documents. Now as a blogger, I can say that I know how to apply essential aspects in document designs, such as framing, salience and the information value (Kress & Van Leeuwen, 1998). Also, I must say that I learnt a thing or two from Walsh (2006), about reading print based texts with multimodal texts too. It has made me understand that although texts may state something, but the picture may be deceiving or has a different set of meanings of its own!

All in all, I feel very lucky to be one of the lucky few, to have learnt the capability of reading and deciphering texts and pictures, as well as in designing stuff easily! Kudos to Issues in Publications and Designing, I had a great time of my life learning the subject!

Sayonara!!


References:

Kress, G & Van Leeuwen, T (2006), The meaning of Composition, Reading Images, Blackwell, Oxford

Walsh, M 2006, 'The textual shift: examining the reading process with print, visual, and multimodal texts', Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, vol. 29. no. 1, pp. 24-37.

No comments:

Post a Comment